Advanced Practice Pharmacist
The University of Maryland, School of Pharmacy is currently seeking an Advanced Practice Pharmacist to join their department of Pharmacy Practice & Science’s Center for Innovative Pharmacy Solutions (CIPS).
- Help develop the process of care for pharmacists in the program; finalize protocols; establish policy and procedures;
- Assist with pharmacists and pharmacy technician training activities
- Provide clinical services that support day-to-day operations and safe practices of the program
- Perform Q&A activities to assure process of care consistency and effectiveness
- Work with Project Team to participate in strategic planning and innovation to meet institutional, departmental, patient care, and regulatory needs.
- Engage with the team to support financial stability and growth of this innovative practice model.
- Participate in processes for monitoring and analyzing performance by providers and monitor revenue generation.
- Develop, review, and maintain medication and chronic disease state management plans related to process of care requirements
- Mentoring and supervising residents and students
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in pharmacy. PharmD is preferred and can be used to substitute for relevant experience.EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in pharmacy required. Experience with delivering telehealth services or healthcare call center operations preferred. Experience in electronic health record platforms (i.e. EPIC) is preferred.LICENSURE: Current pharmacist licensure in good standing that will be reciprocal with State of Maryland Board of Pharmacy.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job. Employees in this job class may be subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND, ABILITIES:Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel and Word) is required. Ability to travel and drive personal vehicle to sites within and outside of Maryland if needed. Knowledge of best practices for medication therapy management and clinical services. Skill in the development of execution of self-management services for chronic diseases. Knowledge of relevant accreditation and certification requirements. Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a patient care program. Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions. Oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skillsHIRING RANGE: Commensurate with education and experience. (~$110K - $120K)UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Pharmacy - Pharmacy Practice and Science - Academic Support
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 21, 2021, 10:59:00 PM