The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Professor in the department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health or Family and Community Health. This position is responsible for teaching courses and achieving postive program outcomes and course objectives.
- Provides classroom and lab instruction that focuses on content, method of delivery, evaluation of students, and recommendations for curricular adjustments and modifications.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of simulations relative to courses taught.
- Uses evidence-based best practices for educating students.
- Advises and mentors students.
- Contributes to the collaborative efforts of an interprofessional team, serving on departmental and school committees.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field.
- Prior academic experience.
- Recent clinical experience in areas of clinical focus.
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland is required.
- Spirit of inquiry and innovation related to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated technological competence and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Organization: School of Nursing - Dean's Office
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2021