Business & Organizational Effectiveness Specialist
Under the general supervision of the Academic Administrator or designee, the Business & Organizational Effectiveness Specialist performs complex and varied financial and department administrative functions in support of organizational culture.Responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing training and development needs for administrative staff in conjunction with Academic Administrator
- Develop and administer diversity and wellness initiatives that align with institutional policies and departmental culture to build team, leadership, and organizational skill, for example, leadership of a working group.
- Provide financial and HR support for HHMI Investigators, including management of annual HHMI budgets and recruiting efforts for HHMI positions. Liaise and engagement with the HHMI Science Operations Manager with regard to all business operations needed for HHMI faculty holding appointments in the RTI.
- Evaluate methods, procedures or develop alternative business processes techniques for processing work or improving operating the efficiency/effectiveness of Department
- Maintain the departmental personnel database, including maintenance of personnel files. Advise departmental personnel on Human Resource policy and procedures
- Develop departmental diversity initiatives, including leadership of a departmental work group
- Coordinate community volunteering opportunities for the RTI.
- Initiate recruiting efforts including sourcing, preparation of position descriptions, preparation of requisitions, investigate advertisement opportunities, and prescreen candidates to assist with the identification of new research and administrative postdocs and staff.
- Develop, prepare, and project for HHMI funding sources, institutional funds, and sponsored funds. Supervise dispersion of funds and income generated.
- Serve as a resource for RTI Administrative Coordinators in the areas of organizational and departmental policies and procedures, general mentorship, and wellness activities
- Supervise, train, and mentor RTI Administrative Assistant
- Oversight of special projects
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 years of business, administrative, or related experience
- Familiarity with Howard Hughes Medical Institute operations