Research Engineer (open rank) - NEETRAC
Job Title: Research Engineer (open rank) - NEETRAC
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225633
About Us The National Electric Energy Test Research and Application Center (NEETRAC) is a self-supporting, member-focused, not for profit Test, Research & Application Center that has served the electric industry of North America for the last 25 years. All of our support is derived from conducting project work for our Members (37 companies based in Canada, Mexico and USA) no state or federal funds are used in the support of NEETRAC
Forest Park, GAJob Summary We are seeking an Engineer to serve in multiple roles as a Project Developer, Project Leader and Investigator. The job is physically located at the NEETRAC Laboratory Campus in Forest Park, GA. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
- Collaborate with different partners within and outside of NEETRAC; for example utilities, manufacturers, laboratories, consultants, contractors, etc.Participate in multiple complex projects in parallelDisplay a thorough understanding of Electrical and Mechanical principlesPartner with NEETRAC members to develop project proposals from their technical needsInnovatively design and conduct robust and practical experimental programs (experience of DoE would be beneficial)Undertake laboratory (primarily high voltage and high current) and field testing, in a hands on role, both individually and as part of a teamRecommend project ideas / improvements to MembersDevelop relationships with external technical bodies to enhance internal knowledge and identify technical needsParticipate in Device Forensic activities – mechanical & electricalParticipate in Population Forensics studiesRecognize the need for, build and use electrical and statistical models of devices and systems to gain a deeper understanding of phenomenaUndertake the curation and analysis of utility performance / measurement dataUndertake travel for Field work, technical interactions with members, as required
- A Master’s degree and three (3) years of rlevant full-time experience after completion of that degree, A Master’s degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or A Doctoral degree.
- A Master’s degree and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree, A Master’s degree and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or A Doctoral degree and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Eletrical utility experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Good self prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work as a part of a team
- Solid dissemination skills (speaking, presentation and writing)
Linda Dillon- [email protected]
Lucretia Allen- [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests