TEMP-Admin Clerical Cust Svc
Job Title: TEMP-Admin Clerical Cust Svc
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225584
The Georgia Tech Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing (CEISMC) in partnership with Horizons Atlanta is looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced Teacher with a dynamic talent of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge in children. Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of one year of teaching experience. We are looking for a professional and caring individual with the ability to implement strategies to engage students in active learning through non-traditional, hands-on, and project-based learning in our 4-week summer enrichment program. Teachers must work as team players to help fulfill the Horizons mission. The candidate will work with students in grades first through ninth.
Horizons Georgia Tech seeks to help children of limited financial means to find success in school and to set high goals for themselves including high school graduation and participation in post-secondary educational experiences. Horizons is committed to the development of the whole child through experiences that enhance confidence, foster
awareness of community responsibility, build problem-solving skills, and encourage a life-long interest in learning. All Horizons students learn how to swim, making them safer and building confidence. We encourage children to take charge of their lives and realize their full potential. Come join our amazing program! For more information on Horizons at Georgia Tech please visit www.horizonsnational.org, www.horizonsatlanta.org or www.ceismc.gatech.edu/horizons.
- Teacher for approximately 15 students during a 4-week summer enrichment program. (3 weeks virtually & 1 week in-person at the Georgia Tech campus)
- Responsible for planning and instruction in math, reading, and science using a wide range of teaching aids.
- Maintains attendance records, writes lesson plans, teaches lessons, and provides evaluative feedback.
- Create PBL science-based unit that includes ELA and Math tasks.
- Teacher will work in partnership with approximately 1 teaching assistant and possibly 1 volunteer in the classroom each day. The lead teacher will be responsible for ensuring the teaching assistant and volunteer work together to provide small group support to Horizons students.
- Teachers are required to supervise all in-person activities with Horizons students. This includes participating in daily meals (breakfast & lunch) with the students, supervising student drop-off & pick-up, attend Faculty Meetings as well as all other duties that may be required.
- Teachers are required to attend pre-training and orientation session prior to the start of the program.
- All in-person programming will be conducted in a matter that is compliant with social distancing measures.
High school diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational School Diploma
Other Required Qualifications
Ability to work outside of typical business hours as needed, potentially including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Up to two years of job related experience
This job requires skills in general office administration to include document preparation and processing, records management, event planning and organization, spoken/written communications and interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task. Skill in basic office related computer applications is required.
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Other Information This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.Other Information
Saturday, April 24 – 9AM to 3PM
Virtual Parent Orientation & Student Assessment Day
Saturday, May 15 & 22 – 9AM to 3PM
Staff orientation, planning, and classroom set-up:
Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18
June 21- July 16
Classroom breakdown and project completion:
Monday, July 16 and Tuesday, July 17