Butler (Part-Time, 13.10 per hour), Graylyn International Conference Center
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-07
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Greets guests and provides general information to guests throughout their stay regarding room assignments, maintenance issues, food service, and transportation issues. Delivers requested items to guest rooms, such as gift baskets, etc. Maintains highest level of guest relations.
- Assists guests with luggage and other personal items. Arranges reservations, tee times, appointments, etc. for guests.
- Tracks airline changes, with regard to arrival and departure information and confirms flight schedules.
- Provides tours of the property to share the history of the estate with guests. Understands property layout and has a base knowledge of the history.
- Assists with guest transportation. Provides guests with directions on/off property.
- Maintains fuel levels for fleet vehicles and completes weekly fleet inspection report.
- Communicates with guests and staff via phone, radio, and face-to-face contact.
- Completes tickets for billing purposes.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED and one year related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and other relevant software.
- Knowledge of campus history and guest room features (training available).
- Knowledge of Winston-Salem city roads, directions, and surrounding areas.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University's automobile insurance policy.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Hospitality experience.