On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator/Assistant to the Head Coach, Department of Athletics
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Atlantic Coast Conference and the NCAA.
- Researches and compiles high school recruit academic information and provides information to the Athletics Department Student-Athlete Academic Services office to ensure academic eligibility for enrollment at Wake Forest.
- Organize, plan, and execute all visit needs under the direction of the Director of Player Personnel/Coaches: scheduling, planning, booking, organizing, communicating, itineraries sent to recruits, schedules for coaches, support staff involvement in visits
- Official/Unofficial visit pre/post compliance paperwork – log visits in ARMS
- Liaison to Recruiting Vendors – food, hotels, facilities, etc.
- Coordinate pregame recruiting functions and ticket allocation.
- Liaison to Academic / on campus Faculty – professor meetings, academic meetings.
- Responsible to assign staff tasks for any visit function – GA, QC, Recruiting staff- drivers, tours, set-up, etc.
- Oversee tour guides- certification and qualifications to conduct tours.
- Wake Forest admissions application and process – sending application to committed prospects, giving detailed directions on the application process, follow up on completion of each application, weekly update reports from compliance to the coaching staff on each committed prospects application status, and working with both the committed prospect and admissions/compliance office to ensure each applicant is complete and able to be admitted into school in a reasonable time frame.
- Mid-year enrollment plan/process- oversee that each mid-year prospect gets the early decision application complete and processed to be admitted and enrolled in January for the Spring Term. Communicate with each high school guidance counselor/ high school contact to ensure the date of mid-year graduation, final day of class, and the date of when the final transcript with proof of graduation will be ready to process and sent to both the NCAA and Wake Forest Admissions.
- Manage P-Card receipts/ spending invoices- properly track and report all spending in workday/ through the business office to have invoices processed.
- Manage visit/recruiting spending with Director of Player Personnel/ Assistant Athletic Director - Football - Budget spending and compare costs to ensure we stay within the yearly recruiting budget.
- Coordinate information on signees to SID- signing day bios on all signees to be publicized on National Signing day.
- Oversee signee contact information spreadsheet to be shared with football staff. Ensure accuracy of all information (Name, NCAA ID, WFU ID, grad date, report date, birthday, cell phone, email, mailing address, parent/guardian name and contact information, and high school).
- NLI/FAA requests- In collaboration with the coaches/Director of Player Personnel on which prospects will be sent NLI’s/FAA’s, how they will be sent, and the information for each prospect. Complete the request forms through ARMS in accordance with compliance for timely approval. Coordinate with compliance on when the NLI’s/FAA’s will be sent and how they need to be received back properly.
- NCAA Clearing House Monitoring- work in conjunction with compliance/eligibility coordinator, the coaches, and the prospects to ensure they complete all necessary NCAA requirements to be deemed a Final Qualifier prior to receive athletics aid.
- Provides comprehensive communications support (both verbal and written) including preparation of special correspondence for the Head Football Coach.
- Responsible for managing the calendar and travel of the Head Football Coach.
- Oversees all autograph and special requests to the football office.
- Manages and handles all incoming and outgoing mail for the football office.
- Greet and screen all guests coming to the Sutton Sports Performance Center on a daily basis.
- Oversees the ordering and receiving of office supplies for the staff.
- Assist with class checks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or must be a member of the Wake Forest University undergraduate graduating class for the most recent/current academic year. Preference given to current seniors and alumni in the past two graduating classes. Skills in prioritizing workflow and managing resources. Detail oriented in coordinating activities. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate sound judgment and discretion. Excellent proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Hudl, OT Recruiting Software, the Internet and other relevant software. Proficiency in the operation of standard office equipment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to research, collect, and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of the University policies and procedures, or ability to acquire knowledge in a short period of time. Ability to be a team player. Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed. Ability to travel extensively as required.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.