Career Development Coordinator
University of Scranton
Career Development Coordinator
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the University’s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the University’s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The University’s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
The Career Development Coordinator will provide one-on-one and group career counseling/coaching to students and alumni, assisting them in developing the skills necessary for success in the job/internship search or application/acceptance into graduate/professional school. This position will oversee and/or participate in the facilitation of programming for the purpose of skill development and student success.
- Provide individual and group career development services to students including assessment, understanding the world of work, and career decision making
- Assist students with creating successful search documents: resume, cover letter, applications, inquiries, and emails
- Assist students in skill development including, but not limited to: job/internship search, networking, ethical conduct, and negotiations
- Develop and present career development workshops/programming in response to requests by faculty, staff, and/or Division of Student Life partners
- Facilitate an Internship Training Program session as needed
- Assist in promoting career-related on campus programming as needed (i.e. fairs, networking events, alumni panel discussions, Resumania, etc.)
- Represent the Center for Career Development at campus and community events including, but not limited to Open House, Preview Day, Orientation, Senior Week, and Commencement
- Work closely with other campus partners to ensure the most effective, cohesive and beneficial service to students, faculty and the university
Additional Skills Required:
- Ability to relate to students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Knowledge of resume writing, interviewing, job search, and career counseling techniques
- Ability to present to small and large groups
- Knowledge of new developments in career counseling, placement trends, and post-graduate advisement
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to take initiative in planning, developing, and implementing programs and activities
- Must be able to respect, contribute to, and participate in the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Student Personnel Services or related field
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
- One (1) year of experience in any of the following areas: counseling and/or recruiting, preferred in a college or university setting
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/5141
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency