Food Service Assistant Manager
Food Service Assistant Manager
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03266
Posting Date: 04/06/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 04/21/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $61,905.91 annually
Maximum Salary: $81,225.92 annually
Kern Community College District provides a rich health and welfare benefits offering to our employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term Disability.
In addition to the above benefits, the District also offers a robust voluntary benefits selection:
- Flex 125
- Additional products and services through American Fidelity
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- Tax Shelter Annuities
The District participates in CalPERS retirement system and Social Security benefits for Classified and Management employees. Employees covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), are vested 100% after five years of full time service credit. All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of the Food Service Manager, the Assistant Food Service Manager plans, organize and supervise the daily activities of the Food Service Operation of the Bakersfield College Cafeteria and Bakersfield College Concession.
Examples of Job Duties:
Plan, organize and direct activities involved in daily operation of the cafeteria and concessions.
Assure proper storage and utilization of foods and food orders.
Manage and oversee the work of all food service personnel for the cafeteria and concessions.
Participate in planning, preparing, and administering departmental budgets as it pertains to Food cost, food quality and sanitation requirements.
Provide personnel support and supervision.
Provide technical support in the areas of production techniques (cooking skills), financial accountability (cash management) and catering systems.
Assist in the selection, supervision, training and evaluation of the food service staff and student workers.
Oversee preparation of food and beverages for group meetings, staff; stock and run concessions at various events; coordinate food and beverage catering requests from various campus groups, offices and clubs; drive a vehicle to various sites as necessary.
Research and recommend purchase of new equipment and materials.
Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Education and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college/university, or experience equivalent to
- Five (5) years’ experience in responsible leadership in a food service operation
- Possession of California Driver’s license.
- Increasingly responsible, successful experience involving food service operation, concession and catering
- Demonstrated sensitivity to an understanding of the diverse socio-economic, cultural, ethnic and disability background of community and team members
- Possession of/or ability to obtain a valid California Sanitation Certificate
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Mission of the California Community Colleges and Community College program
- Principle of budget control and personnel management
- Operations and activities involved in production techniques, sanitation requirements, catering techniques and cash management.
- Catering software and Microsoft software such as Excel
- Interpret laws, rules, and regulation pertaining to sanitation, cooking techniques and cash management
- Formulate policy and procedures
- Compile clean accurate reports
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings
- Establish and control budgets
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Effectively supervise staff
Salary Grade: C
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on April 21, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2018-2021
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14893. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency