BUSINESS ANALYST I
BUSINESS ANALYST I
Posting Number: SRGV4985
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Enrollment Systems & Analysis
Scope of Job:
To provide entry level support during project implementation and post support for the functional departments on software applications assigned. Assist with all aspects of ERP and other application implementations, conversions, and process improvement responsibilities.
Description of Duties:
• Learns functionality of ERP application module(s) and other software applications assigned.
• Develops fluency in other ERP module(s) and applications supported by the department.
• Performs simple application configurations and document setup changes.
• Provides on-going production support, troubleshooting, issue resolution and user training.
• Analysis and testing of software patches, reports, forms, interfaces.
• Gathers, analyzes, and documents business requirements from end-users on their application needs.
• Performs data queries/extracts & ad hoc reporting (report writer and/or reporting tools).
• Researches and explores ERP application module functionality.
• Develops training materials and Procedures Manual and/or Maintain setup documents for Software/Module area(s) of responsibility and conduct training sessions.
• Facilitates application vendor support.
• Collaborates with other Business Analysts on projects, tasks, scheduling, patches/upgrades, etc.
• Assists with Business Process Improvement.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Direct supervision from the assigned supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree related to functional area assigned from an accredited University.
Bachelor’s degree in CIS or CS from an accredited University.
Experience in functional area assigned. Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Basic knowledge of Project Implementation Life Cycle and Database Structures. Basic knowledge of production control. SQL experience or other database query language programming. Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply instructions in application system manuals. Documentation Skills (Swim Diagram, Gap Analysis, Process Flow, etc.). Microsoft Projects and Visio knowledge.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment.
May be expected to work beyond normal working hours or on weekends. Occasional travel is required. Ability to work effectively in team environment. Ability to exercise initiative, use good judgment, and handle confidential information responsibly. Ability to perform in a fast-paced, changing environment. Self-starter with the ability to research and dig for information. Demonstrated ability in problem solving and of analytical skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/07/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27951
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency