DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS
DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS
Posting Number: SRGV4988
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Advancement Special Events
Scope of Job:
Develops and implements a long-term and comprehensive strategy for the planning of major donor and prospect targeted events and programs. Responsible for producing, directing, promoting and evaluating special events for the Division of Institutional Advancement, which are designed to achieve specific goals in fundraising, public relations, and alumni and community involvement.
Description of Duties:
• Directs and manages university-wide events targeted to most significant donors, supporters and executives that will steward, engage, showcase and inform a board audience about the university priorities, achievements and thank those who support it.
• Directs advancement and donor related events, programs, policies and strategies.
• Plans and executes all high profile events with fundraising element for both campuses.
• Acts as the primary point person for Institutional Advancement for donor-targeted events.
• Coordinates all logistics in regards to special event planning, including, but not limited to, developing and administering the invitation and guest list, event set-up, ticket distribution, permits, signage, communications, menu selections, and décor.
• Collaborates with other directors within Institutional Advancement to identify donors who deserve special recognition at special events.
• Develops all materials and collateral (e.g. invitations, programs, speeches, signage, etc.) in conjunction with University Communications and Marketing departments for university-wide events.
• Communicates with the President’s Office, Executive Offices, Deans, Faculty and Advancement staff to ensure all members involved with an event know their role in advance.
• Establishes budgets and procures all services for the execution of events that advance the university, support and contribute to fundraising goals.
• Provides leadership and events management guidance to departments, schools and colleges at the university, including, but not limited to the selection of space, services, budgeting, scheduling, hospitality, vendor selection, transportation and other services as needed.
• Develops and oversees relationships with internal and external vendors on all event related needs including but not limited to the bidding process, entertainment, location, rentals and catering to ensure the best service and most efficient costs for goods and services are met.
• Develops and provides all briefing materials for the President, Provost, Vice Presidents and other executives as necessary.
• Fosters strong working relationships with board members, key donors and internal constituents
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business, marketing, public relations, communications or a relevant field.
Five (5) years of experience in event planning, production and execution.
Higher education event planning; supervisory experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Knowledge of essential event planning processes (development and implementation). Demonstrated highly developed written, verbal, interpersonal communication; public relations skills. Ability to Coordinate a wide range of support and technical professionals; develop a coordinated workflow / timeline to manage multiple projects with the ability to build relationships with external/internal constituents. Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and assignments.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/07/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27961
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency