BUSINESS ANALYST IV
BUSINESS ANALYST IV
Posting Number: SRGV4987
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Enrollment Systems & Analysis
Scope of Job:
To provide upper level support during project implementation and post support for the functional departments on software applications and support to Project Management Office. Responsible for support with all aspects of ERP and other application project implementations, conversions, and process improvement responsibilities.
Description of Duties:
• Becomes Subject Matter Expert in area(s) of responsibility
• Works independently as functional consultant in providing functional designs, application configurations, design/setup documentations, functional and integration testing, master data and process conversions, validations, and post go-live support regarding the implementation of one or more modules in designing ERP solutions in the assigned module(s) and/or software applications to meet business requirements.
• Collaborates across the organization to ensure seamless system integration across all business applications, systems, platforms and infrastructure.
• Manages, coaches, mentors assigned staff.
• Assists with Project Management.
• May act as represent on behalf of ERP Data Owners.
• Responsible for formal functional design review including technical design to ensure functional specifications are met.
• Coordinates projects, tasks, software updates with Project Management Office, IT, other Business Analysts and end users.
• Performs and analyzes complex business processes and recommend process improvements, policy changes and best practices with concept/detailed designs.
• Conducts Data Modeling.
• Provides on-going production support, troubleshooting, issue resolution and user training.
• Analysis and testing of software patches, reports, forms, interfaces.
• Performs data queries/extracts & ad hoc reporting (SQL, report writer and/or reporting tools).
• Manages complex module(s) within the ERP application and other applications.
• Coordinates and performs configuration management.
• May set and maintain application level security, develop and administer security definitions and profiles.
• Develops test plans and procedures with end users for implementation of added functionality, custom programs, and software upgrades and system patches.
• Researches and explores software applications functionality.
• Manages development of training materials, Procedures Manuals and/or maintains setup documents for applications assigned, and conducts training sessions.
• Develops managerial skills.
• Other duties may be assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree related to functional area assigned from an accredited University.
Master’s degree in Business, CIS, CS or related area from an accredited University.
Six (6) years work experience performing at least 60% of the job duties as specified in the position description, including providing ERP and other applications functional production support and ensuring end-users’ business and application needs are met with up-to-date functionality and streamlined processes. Experience in functional area assigned. In-depth knowledge of multiple ERP application module(s) and other applications, and integration of these module(s) and applications, where applicable. Working knowledge on Database Structures of application(s) assigned. Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Access, Power Point, Excel and Word. Knowledge of ERP and other software applications and systems. ERP and application configuration and/or custom software designs creation knowledge. Experience with test scenarios/scripts creation and execution. Documentation Skills (Swim Diagram, Gap Analysis, Process Flow, etc.). Project management knowledge. Experience with Problem diagnosis and troubleshooting techniques, Interface/Conversion Design and Business Process Reengineering (BRP). Hands-on experience of process analysis, design and on ERP/application system security access. Working knowledge of Project Implementation Life Cycle and Database Structures.
Two (2) years of supervisory experience. Basic knowledge of production control. Experience with database query language programming. Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply instructions in ERP and application system manuals. Hands-on experience of Project Implementation Life Cycle. Experience in Project Management and Management of ERP application and resources. Microsoft Projects and Visio knowledge.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment.
May be expected to work beyond normal working hours or on weekends. Occasional travel is required. Ability to work effectively in team environment as well as independently. Ability to exercise initiative, use good judgment, and handle confidential information responsibly. Ability to perform in a fast-paced, changing environment. Self-starter with the ability to research and dig for information. Ability to multi-task efficiently on parallel efforts. Demonstrated ability in problem solving and of analytical skills. Prioritize multiple projects, work under tight deadlines, and handle changing priorities. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Able to bridge communication between technical areas and business areas for a full and complete understanding of expectations. Demonstrated strong team leadership, project management and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/07/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27952
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency