NETWORK ENGINEER II
NETWORK ENGINEER II
Posting Number: SRGV4982
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: IT Infrastructure
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the implementation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of University-wide data, telephone, and wireless network infrastructure and ensure the integrity between hardware, operating systems and networks. Provides problem resolution to moderately complex networking/ engineering functions.
Description of Duties:
• Assists in establishing networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Develops departmental procedures for the network, telephone, and wireless operations such as guidelines for configuration of network equipment and services.
• Manages network CORE, data center, WAN, telephone, and wireless system back-ups and restore protocols.
• Collaborates in the development of the network security design and integration.
• Coordinates and performs troubleshooting analysis of network, telephone, and wireless services.
• Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of changes to rectify network deficiencies and to enhance network performance.
• Participates in the evaluation of services provided by vendors and makes recommendation to management.
• Upgrades network CORE, data center, WAN, telephone, and wireless equipment to latest stable firmware releases.
• Maintains network documentation records.
• Assists in the development of tools used to support on-going network operations.
• Manages user access to networks, telephones, and wireless equipment via user authentication systems.
• Installs and manages network, telephone, and wireless servers on virtualization platforms.
• Plans and implements telephone integrations to support voice, video, and presence collaboration.
• Installs systems to monitor network and to help anticipate and mitigate network and system vulnerabilities.
• Coordinates medium size projects, including prioritizing and delegating work tasks to team members.
• Participates in internal analysis and support of the network and security infrastructure.
• Provides guidance to junior staff on the implementation of the data, telephone, and wireless network.
• Coordinates implementation of network infrastructure requirements for new construction and remodeling projects. Supervises installation based on campus standards.
• Coordinates with vendors for resolution of network hardware and software problems and configurations.
• Works on project tasks, change tasks, incidents, problems, and service requests for supporting network infrastructure and to provide technical support.
• Participates in weekly trouble ticket support rotation and must be available on an “On call” basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification
Three (3) years of experience in the design, integration, configuration, and implementation of medium network systems.
Experience in higher education setting. Supervisory experience. Knowledge and implementation of Project Management best practices.
Use of standard office equipment. In-depth knowledge and experience installing and supporting hardware, software and networking technologies. Experience with network/telephone/wireless trade tools.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Rotating shifts may be required.
Knowledge of practices, principles, and techniques of computer, telephone, and wireless networks, local and wide area networks, VoIP protocols and codecs, information systems (in general), computer software and hardware, and information security policies and procedures. Advanced knowledge of network switching and routing hardware, software, and protocols. Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/06/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27933
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency