Associate Director, Program & Student Support
Associate Director, Program & Student Support
Target Hire Date
05/03/2021 - 27 days to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Communication Sciences & Disorders (CSD) Master's program, [email protected], combines online and in-person learning for aspiring speech-language pathologists across the US. Our program prepares students to become Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) capable of working in any setting, with a variety of disorders, across the lifespan.
CSD is seeking an Associate Director, Program & Student Support, who is a certified Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) that will collaborate with program and department leadership to oversee and facilitate the implementation of several program and placement functions that uphold American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and Council for Academic Accreditation standards.
The Associate Director will oversee and guide the direction of the program's four-day Immersion that brings students to Emerson's Boston campus for academic, clinical, and hands-on learning experiences. Students participate in two Immersions, one near the beginning and one at the end of their time in the program. This person will partner with program leadership, 2U, Inc. and relevant departments at the College to manage and administer the two Immersion programs each semester and ensure that activities and facilitators meet and support the program's pedagogic and student learning goals. The Associate Director will be expected to problem-solve, inform and develop policy, and be able to demonstrate thoughtful, strategic, and student-focused decision making.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Oversee, manage and administer student Immersions, including collaboration with program leadership to align Immersion activities with student learning goals.
- Manage recruitment and personnel projections for Immersions.
- Inform and deliver seminars and sessions as part of Immersion and overall student experience.
- Inform, manage, and participate in student advising, including messaging of program information and American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) requirements.
- Serve as an admissions reader.
- Develop programmatic goals and strategies, and refines program policies and procedures in collaboration with Communication Sciences & Disorders leadership.
- Manage hiring, training and evaluation of direct staff.
- Develop and oversee data management and filing systems and oversees entry and maintenance of data.
- Manage and analyze budgets and prepares reports and projections.
- Write and design program literature.
- Present information and results to management and stakeholders.
- Analyze evaluations of Immersion student outcomes and experiences.
- Draft reports.
- Master's degree with national certification in speech-language pathology and state licensure required.
- At least three years of experience as a clinical educator and/or in an administrative leadership role within an academic setting.
- Managerial experience overseeing staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with students, administrators, faculty, and other team members.
- Able to work occasional nights, weekends, and during program Immersions.
- Able to present effectively to small and large groups and to work productively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community.
- Able to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability and comfort to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Able to exercise sound judgment, work independently and employ decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Fluent with webinar technology (i.e. Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, and Skype).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and presentation software.
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $73,550.00 - $77,100.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Associate-Director--Program---Student-Support_JR002565
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency