Financial Technician, Payroll
Financial Technician, Payroll
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 4/26/2021
The Payroll Department is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Financial Technician. The Financial Technician will perform a variety of payroll functions such as, but not limited to, enter overtime hours; new hire packets; vacation pay; SDI payments; arrears & retroactive pay, adjustments from a prior period (overpayment/underpayment) run reports to audit payroll; resolves payroll discrepancies resolve STRS and PERS reporting. Make changes to the employee's payroll records, wage deductions; voluntary deductions, such as retirement; update W-4 federal and state income tax; direct deposit changes, etc.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of July 12, 2021. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Finance department, District offices, located on the West Valley College campus, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $5,406-$5,889 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 59, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible financial or bookkeeping experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review, adjust, and record financial data related to area of assignment; detect and correct discrepancies; enter data into relevant databases or computerized systems; generate records and reports.
- Monitor, audit, balance, and maintain a variety of accounts; identify and correct out-of-balance conditions; maintain related financial records.
- Review, process, and disburse refunds and disbursements for assigned functions.
- Research, compile, and prepare a variety of periodic and special reports related to area of assignment.
- Review various documents and reports for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with district policies, laws, and other regulations.
- Compile, calculate, organize, and record payments, deductions, transfers and journal entries.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive filing system of documents for research and audit purposes.
- Prepare bank deposits and manage cash; post receipts and disbursements.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency