University Risk & Compliance Manager
University Risk & Compliance Manager
St. Edward's University
University Risk & Compliance Manager
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of University Risk & Compliance Manager. The University Risk & Compliance Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the University Risk & Compliance program, which serves to identify, assess, and manage internal and external risks and vulnerabilities and to ensure the institution's full adherence to the legal, ethical, and regulatory obligations.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the university's risk management efforts to align with best practices and institutional risk tolerance.
- Ensure that risk owners throughout the organization are informed of identified exposures and engaged in risk control strategies.
- Administer the university's insurance and self-insured retention programs to include the procurement of all university insurance policies, negotiation of annual policy renewal rates, providing underwriting data, and amending coverage as exposures change.
- Manage university's relationship with Insurance Broker
- Manage university's relationship with Insurance Carriers
- Serve as liaison between university and all above entities, manage services provided, and negotiate issue resolution.
- Manage insurance claims and/or claims against the university that fall under deductible or are part of self-insured retention programs. Initiate, coordinate, and manage all investigational and evaluation activities associated with claim occurrences; manage the process from first notice through settlement. Work with affected third parties, university and third-party insurance carriers, claims adjusters and any contractors or other service providers whose involvement is necessary to make either the university or third-party whole.
- Administer the University Contract Policy to include collaboration with all university contract managers.
- Provide guidance for the creation of new contracts and agreements.
- Work with university legal counsel as necessary to craft contract language and review complex contracts.
- Maintain the University Contract Repository.
- Administer the University Contract Policy and training program.
- Design and steward effective compliance strategies, systems, and processes to ensure the university's adherence to legal, ethical, and regulatory obligations.
- Interpret laws, regulations and policies within numerous areas of regulatory risk.
- Develop and maintain the University Compliance Matrix to document compliance requirements and designated compliance owners.
- Work closely with university leadership and compliance owners to identify compliance issues and collaboratively develop recommendations and response plans for issues of noncompliance.
- Serve as a liaison with legal counsel; manage the investigation and resolution of legal issues on behalf of campus stakeholders, compliance owners, and others.
- Provide reports on the status of pending litigation.
- Serve as a university representative throughout the litigation process and support university students and employees participating in litigation on behalf of the university.
- Manage the university's legal billing process. Maintain accurate records, coordinate with insurance claims as necessary, and resolve any billing-related discrepancies.
- Maintain the University Risk & Compliance website and all associated resources including forms, waivers, and other documentation.
- Provide 24-hour on-call emergency assistance and consultation.
For consideration, a successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree required. Coursework in business administration, risk management, legal studies or related fields required.
- Four years of experience in one or more of the following fields required: risk management, compliance, contract management, business administration, legal support, policy development or insurance claims administration.
- JD, M. Jur., or MBA are strongly preferred. Risk management and compliance certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design and implement program operations and process improvements; ability to deconstruct complex information and create policies and procedures that are clear, effective, succinct, and sustainable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational abilities; ability to work well under pressure; and ability to manage a number of simultaneous complex projects and facilitate the work of various stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior leadership on risk management concerns and compliance risks.
- Ability to work across divisions to create and develop an environment of engagement and awareness of risk management and compliance
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Job Description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials by March 24, 2021:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency