Energy Administrative Associate
Energy Administrative Associate
Job Number: 89083
Working Title: Energy Administrative Associate
Job Code: 4102/E (Administrative Associate 2)
Summary: The Energy Administrative Associate supports the administrative needs of the Energy Operations organization at Stanford University. These tasks include support for metering validation, tracking and reporting processes for campus utility consumption, including new meter status tracking and existing meter billing process administration. Uses business software applications to support administrative tasks. The Energy Administrative Associate also supports document control processes for Operations and Maintenance needs, as well as project execution. Reviews approved processes and procedures to track whether staff are completing work consistently and on-schedule. Reports to the Associate Director, Engineering, Stanford University.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to inquiries; determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- Support other administrative duties as needed, which includes backing up other Administrative Associates during absences.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience working with internal and vendor procurement organizations.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with business software applications such as EBS, eAM and eDNA.
- Experience in document control, technical writing, or related work.
- Experience with computer maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Administration experience in renewables, power generation, district energy, or related field.
- Awareness of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies associated with power generation or other industrial facilities.
- Continuously perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 89083
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency