Job Number: 89087
Stanford University School of Medicine was founded in 1858 with a mission to be a premier research-intensive medical school that improves health through leadership, diversity, and a collaborative approach to discovery and innovation in patient care, education, and research.
Stanford Medicine is the single brand for 3 different entities: Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford Health Care, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. Stanford Medicine is led by a partnership among the Dean of the School of Medicine and Stanford's two hospital CEOs. Stanford Medicine's mission: “Through innovative discovery and the translation of new knowledge, we improve human health locally and globally. We serve our community by providing outstanding and compassionate care. We inspire and prepare the future leaders of science and medicine.”
With more than 2,300 faculty, each providing a unique mix of research, education, and patient care effort, organized in 30 academic departments and 16 interdisciplinary institutes and centers, supported by more than 3,900 staff, educating 3,000 students, postdoctoral fellows, clinical residents/fellows, and trainees, and collectively generating about $2.6B in revenues, the School of Medicine is Stanford's largest school and truly a complex organization.
We seek a Manager of Strategic Initiatives to collaboratively develop robust strategies for departments, centers, institutes, and other relevant entities to achieve Stanford Medicine's mission. This position is in the Office of Strategic Initiatives, which is part of the dean's strategy team, and reports to the Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives.
- Lead the development of key strategic initiatives, including development and maintenance of Stanford Medicine's Integrated Strategic Plan.
- Collaborate with team members, faculty leaders, and administrators to scope and implement special projects and strategic initiatives that support Stanford Medicine's long-term strategic vision and short-term objectives. Independently execute, manage, and lead projects and initiatives.
- Conduct reviews of national programs, trends, and best practices at academic medical centers and other institutions on a variety of issues to develop program recommendations and/or benchmarks.
- Evaluate a variety of programs across Stanford Medicine. Lead efforts to obtain stakeholder perspectives, gather data, problem-solve, and draft recommendations.
- Develop strong working relationships and communications channels with both new and established stakeholders to further Stanford Medicine strategic initiatives.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
Holistically, the School of Medicine is rooted in an inclusive culture of excellence and diversity that values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that keeps pace with market trends, and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives.
A working knowledge of health care industry trends in demographics, policy, science/technology, and economics is valuable, as is experience in academic medical centers.
- Excellent strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Experience with forecasting, trend analysis, and predictive modeling using available data sets.
- Prior experience developing strategic plans and managing complex, broad organizational initiatives.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving, able to work up and down hierarchies, from junior to senior contributors.
- Ability to prepare executive-level written and oral presentations.
- MBA, MHA, MPP, MPH, or similar Master's degree.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience querying, processing, analyzing, and reporting on large data sets.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work occasional extended hours or weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 89087
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency