(Student Position) Dental Hygiene Program Assistant
Job Title :
(Student Position) Dental Hygiene Program AssistantDepartment:
Student - SheridanDesired Start Date:
N/AMonths Worked Annually:
NATypical Work Schedule:
Tentatively 2 positions available; Flexible hours, based on class schedulePosting Number :
20150591PJob Posting Date:
04/05/2021Initial Review Date:
08/01/2021Open Until Filled:
The Dental Hygiene Department is seeking a student during the school year to assist the program with organizing and interpreting radiographs, sorting and identifying extracted teeth, preparing lab demonstrations, typing and filing documents both electronically and in paper form, and sterilizing clinical instruments. The assistant will also perform a variety of duties as assigned which includes but is not limited to preparation for mock board exams, recognition ceremony, and office filing, labeling, and organizing. The Program Assistant’s primary mission is to assist the full time Dental Hygiene Faculty and Staff in performing specified tasks. The Program Assistant is an important part of keeping the Dental Hygiene Department in proper working condition to benefit students. A major area of responsibility emphasized on finishing specified tasks assigned.Reports To:
Director of Dental HygieneEducation/Qualifications:
• Good Conduct and Academic Standing with the college
• Sheridan College Student currently enrolled
Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
• Sheridan College Student currently enrolled in the dental hygiene program.
• Must have basic knowledge of head and neck anatomy, dental anatomy, dental materials and infection control.
• Ability to use Canvas.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint Microsoft programs and have keyboarding skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Personal characteristics of punctuality, attention to detail, honesty and accountability.
• Office environment
• Dental lab environment
• Clinic/radiology environment
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. and carry 25 ft
• Must have professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Must be able to work with faculty and staff to meet requests.
• Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and complete assigned tasks.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.