(Student Position) Machine Tool Lab Assistant
Job Title :
(Student Position) Machine Tool Lab AssistantDepartment:
Career & Technical Education GCLocation:
Student - GilletteDesired Start Date:
N/AMonths Worked Annually:
NATypical Work Schedule:
Tentatively 2 positions available; Flexible hours, based on class schedulePosting Number :
20150593PJob Posting Date:
04/05/2021Initial Review Date:
08/01/2021Open Until Filled:
Lab assistant will work with the instructor to maintain a safe, clean and productive machine shop.Reports To:
• Good Conduct and Academic Standing with the college
• Gillette College Student currently enrolled
• Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
• Have completed MCHT-1610 with a C or better.
• Lab assistant must be enrolled in the machine tool technology program.
• Willingness to do whatever needs to be done to keep the machine shop operable.
•Lab assistant must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
•Wear all safety equipment required while in the lab.
•Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
•Clean and sanitize work area.
•Prep material for projects.
•Work on special machining projects for repair of equipment.
•Keep up on inventory of stock, chemicals, and tooling.