Senior Post Award Accountant, OSP
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-05
The UVA Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) seek a Senior Post Award Accountant to monitor, reconcile, analyze, and report on complex awards to ensure compliance with the Institute and sponsor administrative and financial policies, procedures. Reporting to the Associate Director of OSP Post Award, the Senior Post Award Accountant acts in the capacity of a lead, training and mentoring Post Award Accountants.
- Manage post award financials for both routine and complex sponsored awards including contracts, grants, fellowships, cooperative agreements and subcontracts.
- Responsible for ensuring that sponsored research programs are in compliance with University, sponsor and federal regulations and offer guidance to faculty, departmental administrators and OSP Post Award group.
- Responsible for verifying and ensuring accuracy of award set-ups, modifications, and timely closeouts of sponsored projects.
- Act as a liaison between Office of Sponsored Programs and units concerning financial and accounting functions and ensure good stewardship over the University's sponsored funding.
- Perform periodic review of sponsored program accounts and advice departmental counterparts in processing cost corrections when required
- Review and approve sponsored award budget change and expense approval requests.
- Assist with proposal review for conformity with payment and financial terms consistent with University, State, and Sponsor guidelines.
- Resolve financial issues with sponsored programs in coordination with the Sponsors, University administrators or faculty and recommend appropriate changes.
- Mentor new research administrators, Post Award Accountants and provide training.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to faculty and administrators in regard to sponsor regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate sponsor filing information and provide documentation for auditors.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Four additional years of grant and contract experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least five years of grant and contract experience.
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification is preferred.
- Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Anticipated Hiring Range: Approximately $75K - $85K, commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications, with UVA benefits.
Review of applications will begin April 14, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘'Senior Post Award Accountant, OSP". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching 'Find Jobs'.
This position will be expected to work in-office once the University permits our return to Grounds.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.