Referral Authorization Specialist - Transplant
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
Assures that all referrals are managed effectively and efficiently for Transplant Services. Provides high-level customer service to both referring physicians as well as referred patients. Obtains pre-authorization for all Transplant evaluation diagnostic tests and performs additional administrative support functions. This job requires the application and interpretation of policies and procedures and the use of independent judgment in a medical setting. The individual must possess the ability to maintain a working knowledge of carrier contracts/changes and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assures all referrals are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Analyzes information required to complete pre- authorizations with insurance carriers and service area contacts.
- Demonstrates the skills of effective communication decision-making and organization to ensure efficient job performance and job success.
- Provides high-level customer service to both referring physicians as well as referred patients.
- Assists with operational patient flow as applicable; performs problem-solving.
- Maintains current working knowledge; adheres to Medical Center and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides service in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs area-specific support activities.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 1 year relevant experience required.
Licensure: None required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.