GME Program Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-05
The Department of Surgery at the University of Virginia School of Medicine (SOM) seeks applicants for a Medical Education Program Coordinator to assist with General Surgery Residency. This position ensures a smooth operation for the day-to-day activities and administrative needs for the trainees, program directors and administrators. Functions include coordinating the testing and simulation training program, academic advising/counseling, recruitment, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with course leadership to develop academic schedules, distribute materials/instructions for students and faculty, and coordinate with other UVa faculty/administrators.
- Assist in all aspects of the program as needed.
- While working as part of a team, this position will have primary responsibility for simulation for the General Surgery Residency.
- Oversee and run student activities including: organize simulation labs with faculty and residents, track resident progress on simulation throughout the program, and maintain and order simulation practice inventory.
- Provide daily on-site logistical support including: setting up/resetting rooms, collecting paperwork from students and faculty, setting up supplies, and providing assistance as needed.
- Provide administrative support as required for program, program directors, trainees, department, and education team.
- Assist with departmental events as needed.
- Manage financial duties including: all funds related to the simulation program, utilize multiple systems for purchasing, order simulation equipment and supplies, and process catering orders, etc.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High school diploma. Candidates should have experience in education and/or the coordination/management of educational programs or projects. Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience.
Experience: At least two years of relevant experience is required.
Applicants must be highly organized and have excellent written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required, as well as the ability to use Zoom.
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on April 15, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for requisition # R0023393. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition # R0023393. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.