Data Analyst- Fortify
Job location: Remote - Virginia
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-05
The Data Analyst is responsible and accountable for technical and analytical data analysis for Fortify Children’s Health (“Fortify”), a pediatric clinically integrated network (CIN) co-founded by Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters and the University of Virginia Children’s Hospital. The Data Analyst provides high level technical and analytical support of data warehoused in the HealtheIntent population health management platform. This includes, but is not limited to, qualitative and quantitative analysis, trend analysis, payor reimbursement analysis, best practice care trending, and performance monitoring.
- Works collaboratively with department personnel to gather reporting requirements, assimilate complex data across multiple sources, build data connections when necessary and provide information needed for data-driven decisions.
- Gathers an understanding of business procedures to assess and organize data needed for research, compliance, and normal business practices.
- Maintains appropriate documentation used for the design, coding and utilization of data.
- Predicts the meaning of data by cleansing, screening, and applying statistical methods and algorithms when necessary.
- Maintains data integrity and security to keep data management systems current.
- Explores and identifies opportunities for improvements; recommends enhancements to improve and optimize the environment.
- Keeps abreast of trends, best practices, and new developments pertaining to data management and analytics.
- Performs other duties, tasks and specialized projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor of Science in a field related to data analytics from an accredited college or university.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in design, collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of quantitative information (Health care setting preferred).
Demonstrated ability in database development, programming, and data analysis.
Demonstrated ability to use statistical modeling to support decision making as a means to improve quality, impact costs or determine financial impact of a proposal.
Ability to translate detailed and complex data into understandable conclusions and offer valued solutions.
Must have demonstrated organizational skills, the ability to manage a large volume of work, tight deadlines, and frequently shifting priorities.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.