Executive Administrator, Child Health Research Center
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
The department of Pediatrics at the University of Virginia seeks an outstanding individual to be appointed as Executive Administrator for the Child Health Research Center (CHRC), under the direction of Dr. R. Ariel Gomez, Director CHRC.
The mission of the CHRC is to foster cutting-edge basic and clinical research that improves the lives of children. Whereas most basic research is performed in the MR4, clinical research is performed at the new pediatric day hospital, the Battle building. As the center evolves, It is likely that the needs of its participants (professors, graduate students, postdocs, and staff members) will continue to grow and become more complex. The Executive Administrator will work directly with the CHRC Director to develop strategies to seamlessly support the needs of the Center and its participants.
Onboarding of new investigators and their staff members
- Develop a comprehensive onboarding checklist/dashboard.
- Develop a network of associates throughout the University who can help incoming faculty students and fellows to get settled and functioning shortly after they arrive. Examples of crucial chores include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with pediatrics budget office and OSP the transferring of grant transfers from outside institutions
- Connect our investigators with those in charge of Animal care IACUC and IRBs and help them secure the necessary approvals
- Laboratory facilities preparation for seamless arrival/startup
- Laboratory space certifications
- Staff transfers and onboarding
- Train CHRC employees on workflows (procurement (with procurement manager), timecards, etc.)
- Manage Pediatrics specific research portal
- Coordination with international office for visa issues.
- Work with HR to ensure that all aspects of employment including retirement benefits are provided shortly after the arrival of every new CHRC member.
- IT concierge services for email connectivity, cloud storage, telephone, etc.
- Liaison with finance group to set up accounts and monitor/manage burn rates
- Grant transfer coordination for new investigators
- Onboarding navigation and regulatory assistance/coordination for new lab start up
- Connect with our Finance office to immediately enable lab start up, then manage accounts and monitor burn rates.
- Ensure that the equipment (i.e.; microscopes, freezers, etc.) and core facilities within the CHRC are in excellent working order and connected to emergency power.
- Maintain communication with Facilities.
- Participate in the CHRC advisory Committee where major Center needs are discussed.
- Ensure employees feel part of the department and the CHRC
Center Support Activities
- Oversee clerical assistants in the achievement of center priorities
- Coordinate the CHRC seminar series
- Coordinate the Houston lecture.
- Coordinate Research Day
- Website development and maintenance
- Social media communication development (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- University-wide research seminar calendar development and maintenance
- University-wide professional development/training opportunities calendar
- Develop/maintain boilerplate language to support extramural grant applications
- Seek and distribute RFA/FOAs for consideration among CHRC investigators
- Monitor and communicate supplement opportunities for grants held by center investigators
- Develop/coordinate philanthropic opportunities/activities with Health System/University
- Coordinate press communications and social media posts with Office of the Dean and UVA public relations
- Understand and review policies and share with employees, including but not limited to new employees.
For physician-scientists (in collaboration with clinical department admin teams)
- Coordinate credentialing activities with home departments (licensure, DEA, CTEP, etc.)
- Coordinate/monitor required training and schedule (ASPIRE, IBC, ACUC, EMR, HIPPA, etc.)
- Coordinate training with Compliance and Billing
- Arrange for PIC number to enable paging/contact with hospital operator
- Provide CHRC UVA branded professional items (business cards, stationary, lab coats, etc.)
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least three years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
For further information regarding the application process, please contact Greg Haskins at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (434) 924-2963.
To apply please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for "R0022421". Complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the CV/Resume box.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
Please note multiple documents can be submitted in the CV/Resume Box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.