Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
The Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine at the University of Virginia seeks a project manager to join the Ryan White team. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing data management operations for Ryan White and HIV Clinical Service Programs. This position works with multiple personnel, flexibility and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds is required.
Project Managers oversee a project, serving as the primary client contact for the project, and are responsible for the project's success. They have significant project experience, and are able to operate independently, with little supervision. They supervise project staff, and typically lead teams over whom they exercise no formal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Management/Data Analysis/Data Science
- Independently oversees data management operations for Ryan White and HIV Clinical Service Programs.
- Ensures that projects are completed in accordance with the applicable Ryan White regulatory requirements as well as the established budget, timelines, and sponsor specifications.
- Ensures appropriate use of project management and data management tools.
- Serves as a resource to program staff in troubleshooting project-related data issues.
- Acts as a lead for UVA Ryan White and HIV/AIDS Program data management practices and policies.
- Plans, designs, implements, oversees and evaluates all reporting and evaluation activities under the supervision of Ryan White and HIV/AIDS Principal Investigators and Program Manager.
- Participates in retrieval and analysis of Ryan White and related data for research, quality improvement, and other initiatives.
- Assists in producing academic papers, posters, etc. related to Ryan White data initiatives and research.
- Designs, manages, and maintains the Ryan White CAREWare reporting database system for all HIV/AIDS services and programs utilizing this system.
- Serves as the primary liaison between UVA Ryan White programs and UVA Health System Information Technology.
- Accesses required data and information from the electronic medical record (Epic) and other databases within the UVA health system as needed, this includes Epic reporting.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of the Ryan White staff data entry, providing training, guidance, and instruction about their responsibilities and how data relates to the needs/requirements of the program.
- Acts as lead for all UVA Ryan White and HIV/AIDS Program data systems and IT interfaces.
Quality Improvement/Quality Management
- Provides oversight, guidance, and data to support program management and quality improvement program implementation.
- Holds monthly quality meetings for UVA Ryan White staff and clients to participate in quality initiatives.
- Completes the VDH Quality Improvement Project reports quarterly and manage the project locally.
- Attends and participates in VDH Quality Management Advisory Committee (QMAC) meetings.
- Provides data to staff for ongoing quality projects and/or research initiatives.
- Oversees and participates in creating and training staff in new and existing processes.
- Manages any QI processes and non-financial audit of processes and procedures that ensure data completeness and correctness.
- Assists with data components of grant writing and goal-setting for Ryan White grants.
- Configures performance measures to provide feedback to staff, as well as to set and monitor internal and national goals for Ryan White clinical care.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least four years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Licensure: Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.