Performs routine work in care, maintenance and repair of College facilities, with particular emphasis on the athletic field as well as buildings, lawns, grounds, parking lots and roadways. Does related work as required.Examples of Duties
- Lines, drags, waters and prepares fields prior to games.
- Maintains equipment at maximum performance levels and reports any irregularities to his/her supervisor.
- Assists in preparing for home athletic events (outdoors and indoors) and performs clean-up tasks after events are completed. i.e. Cleaning tennis courts for matches
- Assists in repairing broken athletic equipment and supplies, tractors, trimmers, mowers, etc..
- Assists with basic custodial, maintenance and grounds tasks as required
- Maintains and repairs nets (Soccer, batting cage, basketball, tennis, volleyball, throwing cage
- Maintains and cleans wrestling mats and wrestling room
- Cleans and maintains vans for travel.
- Maintains Fitness Center area and equipment (wiping all machines daily, minor equipment repair)
- Maintains cross country trails
- Prepares soil, seeds, weeds, mows and trims lawns and flower beds.
- Aids in the removal of dirt, rubbish, snow, leaves, and other debris.
- Sprays, prunes, transplants, and thins trees and shrubs.
- Assists in filling, surfacing and hauling operations.
- Fertilizes grounds, limes athletic fields, and keeps grounds watered.
- Keeps parking lot and roadways clean and performs general repairs.
- Shovel snow from walks and roadways.
- Under direction, cuts down trees and removes stumps; clears out underbrush, foliage, vines, and weeds.
- Assist the maintenance department in minor building repairs and/or alterations as directed.
- Picks up material and supplies when required.
- Assist custodial and maintenance staff as necessary in the performance of routine tasks.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with athletic programs and activities
- Custodial and Maintenance experience preferred
- Possession of a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Physical activity of the position: StoopingKneelingCrouchingReachingStandingWakingPushingPullingLiftingTalkingHearingRepetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as picking, pinching, typingPhysical requirements of the position:Medium work- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly Visual acuity requirements of the position:The worker is required to have close visual acuity Workplace conditions of the position:The worker is subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions The worker is subject to both environmental conditionsThe worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin. Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.