Enrollment Services Coordinator and Skokie Supervisor
Department:: Enrollment Services
Locations:: Skokie, IL
Posted:: Mar 26, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time Staff
Position ID:: 129424
About Oakton Community College :
For over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general direction from the Manager of Enrollment Services, supervise, coordinate, and perform day-to-day activities in an integrated Enrollment Center environment related to student intake, academic advising, admissions, career services, financial assistance, registration and enrollment services, and student records management. Assist the Director and Manager of Enrollment Services in developing goals and objectives. Directly supervise and train staff and students. Exercise judgment requiring knowledge of federal, state, and College policies and practices related to enrollment services functions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the day to day operations and activities for the Enrollment Services staff in the Enrollment Center Main Desk at the Skokie Campus including general questions related to: course registration, student records, residency, financial aid/payment options, academic advising, career services, and admission; Oakton's website and College policies and procedures; and record management of paper and electronic information. Display initiative and be proactive in delivery of information to students, staff, and community and provide excellent customer service.
- Develop and coordinate with other Student Affairs Departments, content and methods of cross training and delivery in addition to identifying goals, service issues, or individual student needs. Cooperatively create specific activities to enhance learning opportunities for students, staff, and community. Maintain documentation of enrollment services processes and procedures.
- Assure appropriate communication of procedural updates and changes to support staff, counselors, supervisors, and other administrators.
- In consultation with the Manager of Enrollment Services, plan activities, schedule staff, and allocate resources to provide optimal student services.
- Respond to inquiries from students, staff and community. Deliver comprehensive general information about enrollment services and student support services. Adhere to guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Promote the Enrollment Center and its many resources for students, staff and community. Maintain and update enrollment services functions on Oakton's website.
- Assist in the assessment of enrollment processes and activities, setting measurable goals and planning for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring processes and performances, ensuring cross-training, adhering to service standards, working collaboratively to resolve problems, and promoting positive interactions with all students and the community.
- Recommend for hire, trains, supervises, and participate in evaluations of the work performance of assigned staff.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of training and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities is required. Master's degree preferred. Formal education in an area related to student personnel preferred.
- Three years of experience in student service, customer service, or related area, preferably in higher education. Supervisory experience required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an emphasis on customer service are required. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate across both campuses to develop or modify enrollment functions to enhance the efficiency of the procedures with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- Intermediate word processing and intermediate spreadsheet application required. Experience with higher education systems such as Banner or student databases preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills, time management skills, and training skills.
Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus. Work is performed in a general office environment and sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Manager of Enrollment Services. Administrative supervision received from the Director of Admission and Enrollment.
Functional Supervision exercised over staff and student employees.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $52,593 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.