Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Savannah State Recruiting Loc
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223729
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the oldest public historically black college or university in Georgia and the oldest institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university’s students select majors from four colleges — Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.Job Summary The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is a working supervisory position that reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities. This position will ensure maintenance personnel are efficiently and effectively performing preventative/planned maintenance activities while addressing a multitude of reactive service requests from the campus community. This position will interface with a variety of campus partners, customers and contractors to meet customer needs and goals.The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will have a wide-ranging knowledge of infrastructure maintenance, repair programs, and technologies, as well as projects related to buildings/structures, mechanical systems/equipment, plumbing systems/fixtures, building automation systems/devices, electrical systems/devices, fire protection/suppression systems, security/access systems and devices, conveyance systems and other related equipment used by employees and contractors in order to optimize short- and long-term costs for asset integrity and sustainability.Responsibilities
- Develop work standards and practices for maintenance staff by establishing and maintaining a priority system for emergency responses based on facility needs.Ensures compliance with all applicable safety regulations, building codes and safety requirementsResponsible for overseeing recruitment, hiring, evaluation, and training of all assigned maintenance staff. Delegates to and holds staff responsible for satisfactory performance of job duties and assignments.Plans, organizes, sequences, schedules, and assigns daily maintenance work load based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel as well as ensures daily work orders updates in the work order management system.Inspects equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors, problems, or defects as needed.Follows up with daily work walk throughs on job sites, inspection, testing, or measuring completed work to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in one or more of the building trades or closely related field; three (3) of which must have included experience in a supervisory, administrative role, directing trades personnel or others involved in physical plant activities.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in apartment maintenance management.
- Experience with a work order system such as School Dude or similar computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) software.
- Valid driver’s license
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a higher education environment American Physical Plant Association (APPA) member
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student successBasic working knowledge of various repair and maintenance tasks, to include those in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populationsUse effective communication and human relations skillsDemonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific positionMust be detail-oriented
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer serviceNavigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodationProven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific positionAbility to read and understand blueprints and work order instructionsAbility to work with power tools and various hand toolsAbility to troubleshoot and solve problems.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah Stare University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected]