Job no: 492713
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
- Manage the process of preparing and sending receipts for all donations to Kenyon College, the Kenyon Review, Philander Chase Conservancy, and Gund Gallery, as well as acknowledgement letters for donations made through foundations, matching gift organizations, donor-advised funds, payroll deductions, and more.
- Monitor the on-line giving email account, answer questions for donors and provide copies of receipts when requested.
- Maintain records of receipts and acknowledgments.
- Organize documentation related to gifts and pledges so it can be easily located by others.
Advancement Information Services Office Support
- Process monthly departmental invoices and purchasing card statements.
- Order office supplies.
- Assist with coordination of annual departmental retreat.
- Provide other administrative support to the department as needed.
- Prepare and mail Annual Fund pledge reminders quarterly.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Success Factors
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Possess strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Be comfortable dealing with quantitative data.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn new skills, and a desire to work hard in support of the team.
- Take initiative and exhibit resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and students
- Be flexible, self-motivated, and generous in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment. Able to respond to last-minute requests and to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to understand and follow complex procedures, involving multiple people.
- Clear written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong computer aptitude. Must have the ability to learn and use new computer programs and skills.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment as well as the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs and deliver materials to other offices around campus.
- Must have prior experience with computers and office equipment.
- Prefer previous experience with data and databases.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: 05 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled