Biorepository Quality Control / Quality Assurance
Senior VP Health SciencesDepartment Website Link:Location:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The position of Biorepository Quality Control will be responsible for conducting QC/QA operations at the UAHS Biorepository. The Biorepository is responsible for collection, processing, and storage of a variety of clinical and research biospecimens from both the medical and main campuses of the University of Arizona. As such, the Biorepository interacts with a large number of clinical departments at the hospital. Thus, there will also be a need for regulatory compliance oversight as part of job duties. Monday - Friday and some flexible weekends.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets up and performs a variety of lab or field tests and operations. Records results, makes observations, analyzes data, and interprets test results.
- Refines, adapts, and develops procedures or techniques to fit specific experiment requirements; modifies existing equipment or designs and fabricates requisite equipment.
- Participates in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative results.
- Collaborates in the development of new strategies, techniques and equipment.
- Provides research administrative support including coordinating schedules, handling intake, maintaining records and files.
- Cleans, sterilizes, operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment, machinery and instruments used for research.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Required to perform "wet" lab work in performance of job duties, which will involve possible exposure to blood borne and other human pathogens.
*Bachelors Degree.*Organizational and analytical skills are necessary for the job. *The ability to summarize findings and present concise reports will be needed to be successful in this position.*Familiarity with Microsoft Office and similar programs is required.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$15.00 - $18.00Compensation Type:
3Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
David Harris |[email protected] | 520-626-5127Open Date:
4/1/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.