Part-time Career Advisor (100% Perkins Grant Funded)
Title: Part-time Career Advisor (100% Perkins Grant Funded)
Job no: 492731
Location: Gettysburg Campus
Salary: $21.21- $26.52
Job Summary: The Career Advisor provides career advising, informs students of available college services, and refers students to appropriate campus/community resources. A Perkins-funded career advisor position focuses these services on students in Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at the college.
For full consideration, applicants are required to submit a cover letter, transcript and resume with application.
This position will be remote through August2021. The position will report to physical campus location upon determination of physical campus opening. This is subject to change.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Valid driver's license.
Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: $21.21- $26.52
- Experience in higher education, particularly at the community college level
- Experience in having worked with multiple career assessment tools and an understanding of labor market data
-Experience with career development
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Job Specific Task List:
100% Perkins Career Advisor Position
- Direct student support by providing academic coaching and career advising for students in CTE programs, with emphasis on dislocated workers to include Trade Act and WIOA students, and, students in CTE programs who are pursuing a career in non-traditional gender roles. (Essential)
- Career coaching to include assisting students with career research, interviewing and soft skills development, resume writing, and use of career resources. (Essential)
- Responsible for developing and fostering professional relationships with community organizations, CareerLink partners, and HACC faculty and staff to enhance services for students. (Essential)
- Facilitate career workshops, presentations and events for student groups in CTE programs and academic classes related to these programs. (Essential)
- Develop and facilitate on-line career student based activities and services for students in CTE programs and assist students in completing on-line career assessments/tools and review results. (Essential)
- Participate in other College and community service activities, as assigned. (Standard)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: average 20 hrs/week
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Apr 05, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 18, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time