Student Development Officer
Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher learning situated in the heart of the New Egyptian Administrative Capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for UPEI & Ryerson in Egypt and are recognized as leading and innovative centers of excellence in learning, teaching, and scholarship in Canada.
We, Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada), invites applicants at the rank of Student Development Officer for the following full-time position starting April 1, 2021.
We are looking for a Student Development Officer to be responsible for running different Student Development Programs, advising different student groups, organizations, and clubs on campus. In addition, to creating different events that foster Student Life activities on campus that reflect the University’s values.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in running the Orientation Programs.
- Assist in running and executing the various university-led activities.
- Assist in creating programs and functions for the international.
- Assist in preparation of the Orientation Handbook.
- Advise, coach, and mentor student organizations on campus.
- Assist the student leaders in identifying the organization/club’s goals, resolve any problems, .. etc.
- Chaperoning the events and the trips.
- Act as a liaison between the administration, staff, faculty, and students.
- Execute the events with the students as per the internal university policies.
Minimum Qualifications required:
- University degree
- At least 6 years of experience in student activities and student government in an educational setting
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Student-centered advocate
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Power-point)