Computer Science TA
The Universities of Canada, Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher learning situated in the heart of the New Egyptian Administrative Capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for UPEI in Egypt. UPEI is recognized as a leading and innovative center of excellence in learning, teaching, and scholarship in Canada.
The Universities of Canada, Egypt (UofCanada) School of Science invites applicants at the rank of Teaching Assistant for the following full-time academic position starting February 2021:
Primary areas of teaching will be:
- CS 2820 Linux Administration
- CS 3710 Database Systems
- CS 3620 Software Design and Architecture
- CS 4810 Software Engineering
Minimum Requirements for candidates:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a reputable university with a minimum grade of Very Good (GPA over 3.4)
- Proficiency in English
- Practical experience using Linux and SQL Database
- Practical experience in Python or Java or OpenGL
Preferred Requirements for candidates:
- Holding MSc. degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Industrial experience is an addition
- Published research papers
- Enrollment in a PhD. program
Teacher assistants are expected to conduct tutorials, grade assignments/quizzes as required by the instructor, offering office hours and related academic support activities such as proctoring exams.
Formal applicants for the available positions should send a CV to the following address:
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.