Lecturer – Faculty of Communication & Design (FCAD) – RTA program (Relocated in Cairo)
Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher learning situated in the heart of the New Egyptian Administrative Capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for Canadian Universities.
As Ryerson, UofCanada Campus is preparing for the official launch of three FCAD programs (Media Production/Sports Media and Fashion) in September 2021, UofCanada invites applicants at the rank of Lecturer as we are in search of professional, talented academics to teach in the FCAD programs of Media Productions/ Sports Media in Cairo.
As the Ryerson RTA School of Media’s strategic vision is centred around the following guiding principles; Equity, Innovation & Creativity, Lecturers are be expected to summarize how they plan to address one or more of the guiding principles in their course outlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Teaching and learning:
- To transfer knowledge to students and teaching assistants, including practical skills, methods and techniques.
- To ensure that the teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with faculty guidelines and respond to issues relating to staff and student needs.
- To encourage the development of innovative approaches to course delivery and ensure that teaching design and delivery comply with the quality and educational standards and regulations of the department.
- To challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To supervise student projects and research, as well as mentor their academic progress.
- To set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide feedback to students.
Research and Scholarly Endeavors
- To lead and coordinate research activity in the subject, including determining relevant research objectives, leading research and collaborative partnerships with other educational institutions or other bodies and preparing and submitting proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- To carry out independent research and write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using other appropriate media.
- To seek practical application of research findings in line with the vision of the university.
- To chair and contribute to committees’ work and participate in school/department decision-making and governance.
- To promote and market the work of the university and department both nationally and internationally.
- To be responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within their own educational programs.
- To mentor, appraise and advise staff on personal and career development plans.
- To foster innovation and inter-disciplinary team working.
Required Skills and Qualifications
The type of candidates we are looking for to launch these creatively disruptive programs should have a deep appreciation for Ryerson FCAD’s unique position as an innovator in the creative fields and have the following skills/experience:
- A baccalaureate degree in a relevant discipline, a master’s will be an asset. (preference will be given to applicants with relevant graduate degrees from a recognized University, Preferably Canadian institutions)
- Applicants must have two to three years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level and relevant Media Production and Sports Media industry experience.
- A record of excellence in teaching and scholarly output appropriate to the career stage
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
- Compassionate, positive, and professional attitude
- High level of responsibility and commitment.
- Ability to take and implement initiatives contributing to the development of the school.
- Ability to balance the competing pressures of teaching, scholarship, research, knowledge transfer, administrative demand, and deadlines.
- Air tickets for you & Spouse (including meet & assist & visa)
- Accommodation (Separate Fully furnished apartment minimum of two bedrooms)
- Medical & Life Insurance 100% Coverage for you & Spouse
- Transportation from/to Housing /Campus.
- 21 daysPaid vacation.
Ryerson University and the Universities of Canada are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our faculty and its scholarship. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Formal applicants for the available positions should send a cover letter, including CV, the names of three references, and a brief statement of teaching philosophy to the following address and write in the subject of the email R-FCAD-104-2: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.