About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2021-036
Posting Start Date: 4/6/2021
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
COBOL ProgrammerDescription/Job Summary
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications, the COBOL Programmer supports the end users (staff, faculty, and students) of the college ERP and provides maintenance to the ERP, including third-party application integrations.Responsibilities/Duties
- End user support of College student and financial information systems
- Convert business requirements into specifications, jobs, process, scripts, programs, and queries
- Maintain the integrity of systems through problem detection, resolution, and prevention techniques, including performance analysis and tuning, debugging and security design.
Balance projects, daily tasks, and ad-hoc reporting requests
Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Some evening and weekend hours are required for configurations changes and end-user support
- Associates degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Life Cycle Process (Including Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies), capturing software requirements, software maintenance and promoting process improvement.
- Must be a proven problem solver, strategic planner, have excellent oral & written communication skills and is capable of data transformation and analysis.
- HP MPEX/IX
- Student and Finance applications.
- Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
- Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
- Knowledge of database management concepts.
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Knowledge of database programming and scripting principles.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Skill in the provision of support to end users.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail