SENIOR ENGINEER, ELECTRONICS, College of Arts & Sciences, Physics
SENIOR ENGINEER, ELECTRONICS, College of Arts & Sciences, PhysicsTracking Code3507 Job Description
The Boston University Electronics Design Facility is seeking a talented Senior Electronics Engineer to take a lead role in the design of instrumentation for all types of scientific research.
- The successful candidate must show considerable expertise and creativity in all areas of design for research electronics, including analog circuit design; digital design with FPGAs, and mixed-signal design.
- Experience with high-speed data acquisition systems is a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of C++ and python required.
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists at Boston University and other institutions on projects. Assist in training and supervision of student technicians.
- Occasional travel to domestic and international sites.
- Assist teaching and outreach activities.
- Electronic Circuit Design (analog and digital) including low-noise techniquesFPGA logic design with a modern toolset (Vivado, Quartus, or similar)VHDL or Verilog HDL language for logic synthesisEmbedded microprocessor/microcontroller system design and programmingBasic proficiency in C++ and PythonPCB design tool such as KiCAD, Allegro, Altium
Experience in circuit assembly, fabrication, and testing required. We believe that good technician skills are essential for success in engineering.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required; MS preferred8 years of relevant work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular