DCG Clinics Support Specialist
Job Title: DCG Clinics Support Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225677
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized state or federal accrediting organization with a minimum of three years progressively responsible office support.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Meticulously accurate with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to make sound decisions and maintain professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to produce acceptable work volume and effectively meet established deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, AxiUM, MiPacs and other computer software/databases
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and customer service/presentation skills
- Previous front office experience in a multi-provider dental practice
- Knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Extensive customer service experience/training
- Responsibility of patient schedules
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Accountable for maintaining a productive schedule for the providers to meet production and financial goals of practice. This requires maintaining lists of patients awaiting appointments who can be contacted as cancellations occur, concentrating on current day first, next day, etc. as current day takes priority. This includes advising patient of payment policies at the time the appointment is scheduled for new patients. This also requires keeping up to date recall list for ensuring patients are appropriately treated on a regular recall basis.
- Support for 3rd and 4th floor Student Clinic Coverage as well as floater for vacancies in specialty clinics and support for call center
- Must adhere to DCG's high customer service standards by greeting each patient with a friendly and welcoming reception: responsible for assisting in checking-in patients as they arrive for appointments; this includes updating of patient information, insurance verification, receiving/posting payments from patients and/or consulting with patient of various payment options. Ensures that all patients are either scheduled for their next appointment, pending appointments are created or recalls are established for all active patients upon completion of their appointments. Check-out patients and collect and post any payments due. Notify patient of their financial obligations for their next appointment.
- Must be courteous and professional when handling incoming calls for new to meet high customer service standards. They may be calling to inquire about the services offered by the DCG so they could potentially become new clients. This includes registering patients into axiUm computer system with accurate and complete information as well as generating and sending a new patient welcome letter.
- Must deliver pleasant and responsive customer service when contacting patients to reschedule appointments as providers become unavailable due to conflicts in schedules or sickness. Maintain referrals in the order that they are received, schedule referral appointments and monitor referrals action status. Generate follow-up correspondence to referring providers.
- Responsible for assisting in answering incoming general calls in a considerate and proficient manner to provide quality customer service. This could be, but is not limited to, handling inquiries regarding patient accounts, requests for scheduling or re-scheduling appointments or redirecting calls to the appropriate department as determined by the nature of the call. It may also include patients with emergency dental needs and scheduling appropriately.
- Responsible for generating reports in axiUm of unscheduled treatment and contacting patients for scheduling of continued care. This includes, but is not limited to, failed appointments list, pending appointments list and recall lists. Mail letters for efficient patient management.
- Assist patients in accessing accounts to determine charges as well as account balances. Assist residents, faculty, staff and patients with appropriate account information. Ensure that any changes, discrepancies or corrections regarding an account are directed to the appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.