Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225623
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to use sound judgement and work independently
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesResponsibilities This position performs a variety of complex duties involved in a clinical study, a basic science or research laboratory in support of research initiatives; develops and evaluates new techniques and procedures; may coordinate and/or supervise activities of support staff. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in projects and development of research protocols, while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant
- Ordering of supplies and keeping journal of results, keeping lab in an orderly manner, assist and participate in research of scientific literature, summarize and evaluate findings. Ordering research materials and maintaining records of all biological and chemical materials. Updating records related to experiments and research supplier.
- Analyze experimental data and prepare for publication/presentation.
- Carry out/assist with animal studies. Maintain records of all experiments, cell and animal colonies.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.