Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225629
Minimum Requirements Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials researchOR
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials researchKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other computer software/databases Must be highly organized and detail-orientedAbility to prioritize tasks; meet deadlines; exercise sound judgment and decision-making Ability to maintain confidentiality
Experience in medical data management, informed consent development and protocol submission Working knowledge of research budge preparationCertified Clinical Research Professional, CCRC, CCRA, or CCRP highly desirable
Responsibilities The Research Assistant for the MU NCORP grant. The incumbent will assist the NCORP Administrator in the regulatory management of MU NCORP clinicals trials, as well as collecting and managing accrual data at AU and affiliate sites. The incumbent will assist in preparation of IRB documentation for IRB submissions as well as assist the Administrator and research team with all IRB related activities. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and coordinate research protocol consent form development and amendments and submit to the AU IRB committee per guidelines.
- Prepare and submit clinical research protocols and complete IRB forms for submission. Prepare extramural routing and budgets as required.
- Update monthly Protocol Reference book. Prepare and keep current Regulatory Binders for AU Human Assurance guidelines.
- Assist Administrator with NIH progress reports as required and other reports as needed.
- Affiliate data entry, retrieval and data evaluation for research studies to include, but not limited to screening logs and patient accrual as well as accrual data.
- Filing, copying, obtaining signatures, assist research coordinators with shipping of specimens.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: M/F Pay Grade: R9 Salary: $13.01/hourly - $13.61/hourly
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 4/6/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University