Summer UB Fulton-Business Instructor
Job Title: Summer UB Fulton-Business Instructor
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225749
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Job Summary
The Upward Bound Program Office at Atlanta Metropolitan State College, a four-year degree-granting institution of the University System of Georgia, is accepting applications for a part-time Business Instructor for the Upward Bound Summer Program. The instructor will be required to teach Business classes to Upward Bound participants, who are teens from several local area, target high schools. The instructor will be expected to possess outstanding teaching skills for a diverse population of participants and maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning. Also, the instructor will be required to maintain attendance records and grades for each participant. Instructors during the summer program work Monday –Thursday over a five-week period for 3 hours per day.Responsibilities
- Prepares curriculum and course activities which address the students’ needs and aligned with the high school standards.
- Teaches online and/or face-to-face to Upward Bound participants.
- Counsels the students regarding specific weaknesses and strengths.
- Evaluates the students’ progress and prescribes methods to address problems and weaknesses.
- Organizes classroom activities and field trips to supplement instruction.
- Documents instructional activities with the students by creating weekly lesson plans.
- Maintains an orderly classroom environment conducive to learning. Keeps attendance and grades for each participant/student.
- Keeps an inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Provides feedback to the Upward Bound Director on the participants/students’ progress.
- Prepares reports and documentation related to teaching, as requested by the Upward Bound Director.
- Attends meeting with the Upward Bound Director when specified.
- Provides adequate supervision of students during class time.
Required Qualifications The position is part-time, non-exempt position; the instructor will work approximately 12 – 15 hours per week and will report to the Director of the Upward Program. The instructor must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and have at least three years of experience in teaching. Also, the instructor should possess the skills and resources to teach online to participants. The instructor should possess great communication skills and experience in working with teens. Required Qualifications Preferred qualifications include experience in teaching diverse students, work experience in TRIO, and a master’s degree in Business or a related field.Equal Employment Opportunity
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036
4/2/2008Special Applicant Instructions Program begins on May 25, 2021 and ends on July 9, 2021. Interested persons should submit, (1) a cover letter; (2) a detailed resume; (3) copies of all college transcripts; (candidates selected for interview will be required to provide official copies of all college transcripts) (4) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. A criminal background check is required. To apply for this position, visit our website at www.atlm.edu.