Custodial Worker 1 - 3rd shift (internal)
This is an emergency essential position.
An employee in this class performs a variety of tasks in connection with cleaning functions. Work involves the use of custodial supplies and modern cleaning equipment, and may involve the moving and lifting of heavy furniture. Work is performed in accordance with a well-established routine, and is subject to inspection during progress or upon completion for attainment of established standards of cleanliness. The days and hours for this position are Sunday - Thursday 2300 - 0700.
Internal applicants can view the full job description here:
Custodial Worker 1 -3rd shift
- Minimum of one year of cleaning experience and/or manual labor.
- Ability to learn the materials, methods, and practices used in custodial work.
- Ability to learn the operation and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines, and other janitorial equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of cleaning materials for different types of building surfaces.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Sufficient physical strength to perform custodial tasks.
- Stable employment history – a minimum of one year with the same employer.
- Work experience that includes cleaning in an institutional environment.
- Work experience related to floor care including carpet cleaning, scrubbing/waxing, and stripping and waxing.
- Basic computer skills.
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, internal application materials should be received no later than close of business April 9., 2021.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].