Talent Acquisition Specialist - 1 yr appointment
DescriptionCentral HR OfficeHuman Resources Professional (Entry Level) - Talent Acquisition SpecialistPosition #766998 – Requisition #20795
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
THIS IS A TERM LIMITED, ONE-YEAR APPOINTMENT* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Central HR department has an opening for a [full-time University Staff (unclassified) Human Resources Entry Level Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
This position serves on the Talent Acquisition and Compensation (TAC) team in the central Human Resources office and will be primarily located at Denver Campus with some travel to the Anschutz campus. Our department provides customer-focused human resources solutions by partnering with our faculty and staff to advance the University's mission, vision and values.This position provides HR coordination to a team of 9 individuals working in the areas of talent acquisition, job evaluation, and position management of University Staff and Classified (State) staff; ensures compliance with FLSA and State personnel laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines; and communicates, internally and externally, about human resource practices and specific actions. This position reports to the Talent Acquisition Team Lead.This is term limited position, ending June 30, 2022.Examples of Work Performed:
Abolish position files when employees elect exemption (hard copy file and HCM entry)Run monthly reports from various systemsComplete other projects as neededExample: standardizing the naming convention in the PDQs folder and the Job Evaluations folder, creating one central database for sample interview questions, creating database for DD214 tracking, etc.Website clean up ATS clean upManage Job Fair and event processes, including creating and maintaining a candidate pipeline list to share with team; and providing consistent candidate outreachSend job ads and email blasts to potential candidates after we gather contact info from job fairs Ensures supplies for job fairs are stocked and ready for future job fairsIdentify issues and initiate contact with appropriate management to provide proactive and preventive solutions to these or other personnel issues. Salary and Benefits:
- Creates job postings in applicant tracking system.
- Creates application review matrix for posted positions.
- Interacts with business partners and search committees on dispositioning of applicants to ensure all applicants are properly dispositioned at end of search and answers questions about the search process once trained
- Source hard-to-fill positions on Indeed for Talent Acquisition Consultants.
- Evaluate and screen resumes and cover letters for minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Manage the HR Recruiting inbox including responding to emails in a timely manner
- Maintain a complete record of interviews and new hires for search summaries.
- Assist with dispositioning candidates in ATS and sending out candidate communication as requested
- Assist with scheduling candidates for interviews and sending interview confirmation emails
- Enter second level funding justification for classified positions.
- Respond to requests for position descriptions
- Manage the SkillSurvey reference checking process, which includes entering, monitoring and emailing hiring managers the results
- Schedule rooms for meetings, trainings and interviews
- May take minutes at TAC meetings.
- Print and organize search committee interview packets
- Print questions and schedule, make signs, etc.
The salary for this position has been established at: $45,653.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in human resources, public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution
: A combination of education and related HR experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications:
- Exposure to human resources functions.
- Experience working with confidential HR data and information.
- Exposure working with a variety of different HR systems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word and open to learning additional HR systems.
- Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and flexible, organized, willing to learn, possess the ability to multi-task, and have a professional demeanor.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Apr 5, 2021Unposting Date:
Apr 11, 2021, 1:59:00 AM
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University