Post Doctoral Research Assoc
Post Doctoral Research Assoc
One postdoctoral researcher position is available to work on a project supported by the United States Army Corps of Engineers for harmful algal bloom (HAB) meditation and treatment research at the University of Toledo. The goal of the funded project is to develop multi-dimensional scientific technologies for early detection and management (mitigation and treatment) of HABs in the western basin of Lake Erie and throughout the Ohio region. We will use a combination of integrated in-situ monitoring sensors and genetic analyses to increase early HAB detection and its health diagnosis capability and apply bioinspired treatment (bioaugmentation & biostimulation) while using novel application of treatment methods to maximize the effects of bioinspired and conventional water treatments.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Dr. Youngwoo Seo from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.Qualifications:
- Completed PhD in the field of Civil and Environmental Engineering or relevant
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in conducting research in water treatment processes and water distribution systems
- Experience in chemical analysis (especially HPLC and MS)
- Experience in molecular techniques (e.g. DNA and RNA extraction, qPCR, sequencing data analysis)
- Experience in interdisciplinary projects of engineering, microbiology, and bioinformatics
Communication and other skills:
- International research profile as evidenced by a significant track record of publications in high-impact refereed journals, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, team- and goal-oriented personality
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.