Office Support Assistant (144675)
Office Support Assistant
Department - To be determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Employees in positions allocated to this level of the series work under direct supervision in support of an office or organization. They perform routine support tasks, which require knowledge of standard office procedures, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database and software packages.
A(n) Office Support Assistant typically -
- greets visitors, answers telephone, and relays calls and messages to appropriate staff members; initiates calls to obtain specific information requested by others;
- receives, sorts, opens and distributes incoming mail/packages and prepares outgoing mail (weighs envelopes/parcels, applies postage, proofreads documents and corrects errors;
- schedules appointments/meetings when time, place, and participants are specified;
- assists in facilitation of meetings, events and makes basic travel arrangements as requested;
- creates, updates, revises and retrieves records and files within an established filing system, which include confidential materials;
- prepares supply orders, issues office supplies and maintains records of supplies used in a unit; maintains inventory log and assigns keys and/or equipment to staff;
- assists in the preparation of simple financial paperwork;
- performs routine website updates;
- assists with or participates in the hiring of, training of, assignment of work to, and/or supervision of student workers;
- serves as point of contact for unit/office/building for emergency preparedness (emergency broadcast network tests, maintaining emergency exit plans, etc.);
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
A.work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
B.college or university course work in any curriculum
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $15.384 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for Office Support Assistant. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Illinois Human Resources Operations Category:3-Administrative Support Title:Office Support Assistant (144675) Open Date:04/05/2021 Close Date:04/12/2021 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations