Procurement Officer Assistant - Facilities and Services Procurement (144677)
Procurement Officer Assistant
Procurement Services - Facilities and Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Employees at this level are entry level procurement personnel who assist in purchasing functions for a variety of products and services. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Procurement Officer Assistant typically:
A(n) Procurement Officer Assistant typically -
- assists the primary Procurement Officer with:
- verification of pricing and delivery/lead times, and receiving information.
- requesting, preparing, and/or reviewing required forms related to requisitions and potential orders; working with departments in preparing specifications for purchasing commodities, equipment, and services, or for requisition clarification.
- preparation and solicitation of quotations and bids; election and/or recommendation of qualified vendors/suppliers; notification of vendors regarding any required disclosure and/or certification forms relating to orders, such as certificates of insurance, vendor financial disclosure, and contract certification forms; and evaluation of documents and forms for accuracy and completeness.
- preparation of reports and correspondence (such as the status of requisitions, purchase orders, shipments, and complaints); providing of interpretation of policies and procedures, rules and regulations, revised statutes and internal guidelines to campus personnel and vendors.
- Responsible work experience in fields that provide preparation for procurement work such as claim resolution, expediting, returned goods, and/or resolving billings.
- 30 semester hours of college credit for course work in any field equals six (6) months.
NOTE: Possession of a current Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) from The Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC), or a current Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) certificate, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or equivalent certifications satisfy the above requirements.
For more information about this classification:
This Procurement Officer Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday – Friday , (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $17.68 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Procurement Officer Assistant. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:F&S Procurement Category:3-Administrative Support Title:Procurement Officer Assistant - Facilities and Services Procurement (144677) Open Date:04/05/2021 Close Date:04/15/2021 Organization Name:FandS Procurement Services