Pre-Clinical Career Advisor
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for a Pre-Clinical Career Advisor (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials. The salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
- Develop and deliver one-on-one and group programs for career preparation.
- Collaborate with key campus stakeholders establish and deliver progressive co-curricular programs to help students demonstrate key competencies, including communication and interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Recognize different types of crises and refer students to campus/community resources as deemed appropriate.
- Advise students holistically by clarifying personal and career goals.
- Support students in the ongoing development their Personal & Professional Identity
- Provide career exploration and development workshops, activities and networking events utilizing resources such as the Careers in Medicine (CIM) website.
- Provide support and guidance for CV and personal brand development.
- Organize and facilitate year-round strategic student advising communication campaigns.
- Provide students with resources and opportunities to develop the ePortfolio to support the tracking of student curricular, co-curricular and personal progress.
- Engender student development by providing information and referral to campus specialty organizations, professional national memberships & conference
- Participate in preliminary preparation of the MSPE by assisting students to develop comprehensive Noteworthy Characteristics
- Organize and oversee the Peer Coaching Program
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Perform ongoing assistance with Student Affairs events and activities.
- Participate in regular collaboration meetings with counterparts on Colorado Campus.
- Have a clear understanding of all university and college academic policies; and work on a daily basis with other entities across campus.
- Help students navigate institutional policies and procedures.
- Participate in the prospective student interviewing process.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Dean of Student Success
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects as needed.
- Participate in community and professional outreach activities on behalf of the college and university.
- Develop a positive working relationship with students, providing support in various academic and non-academic arenas.