LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II
This Positin is Fully Grant Funded
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Lab Research Analyst II
The Fouda laboratory in the Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI) and Department of Pediatrics is focused on understanding immune responses to infections and vaccination in pediatric settings. Her current work focuses on HIV mother to child transmission as well as immune responses to SARS-CoV-2.
This position is grant-funded.
The candidate will work closely with other technicians and senior researchers, and is expected to independently perform daily activities of the laboratory, both administrative (60% time) and research (40%) related, which include:
- Administrative tasks:
- Perform general laboratory management
- Laboratory supply ordering
- Finance tracking
- Equipment maintenance
- Responsible of the lab safety plan
- Maintain database and organize/prepare scientific data for analysis by the principal investigator
- Maintain inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties
- Manage laboratory databases and folders
- MS preferred but not required.
- Three years of research experience in a related field after completion of the bachelor’s degree. Prior experience in laboratory management is preferred.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Education/Training: Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
- Experience: Work requires four years of research experience. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.