MARKETING FRONT-END DEVELOPER - FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
The Front-End Developer will play an important role in the development of Fuqua’s digital marketing space, including design and layout, user interface, and user experience to produce eye catching, polished, and professional media (including websites, blogs, and emails) that will be consumed on a multitude of devices (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.). This team member will also assist maintaining the current Drupal code base, testing functionality, and suggesting and implementing process improvements for the delivery of web content. In addition, the team member will be involved with multiple different systems related to the prospective student experience, including customer relationship management tools and mass mailing software. The team member will work closely with internal and external, technical, and non-technical partners to deliver memorable experiences within the school’s brand standards, and custom content that is easy to navigate. This position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Fuqua’s ongoing goal to be web accessible in all digital spaces
• Assist in maintaining Fuqua’s Drupal environment
• Maintain and support Fuqua’s WordPress sites
• Work with digital web project manager to define requirements
• Maintain and continuously improve existing websites
• Work effectively with internal and external teams
• Research and share with the larger team new interactive standards and trends to ensure best practices are implemented
• Bachelor’s degree
• Familiarity with at least one CMS system (Drupal preferred but not required)
• Knowledge of PHP, Sass, and Git a bonus
• Willingness to learn different systems and coding languages to help create an integrated user experience
• Proven track record simultaneously working on multiple projects with high attention to detail and prioritizing to meet deadlines
• Solid interpersonal/communication skills
• Familiarity with CRM tools preferred
• Experience in higher education and business education preferred
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.