PLUMBER, SENIOR - DUKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
**This position is 1st shift, 4 10-hour shifts, Fri-Mon
Perform all levels of troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of water, sewage, drainage, air, gas and vacuum systems and related equipment and facilities in Duke University Hospital.
- Monitor and troubleshoot plumbing problems and breakdowns by diagnosing trouble and repairing, replacing, or taking other corrective action to Hospital plumbing systems and equipment.
- Maintain and repair sterilizers, washers, glass washers, institutional kitchen equipment, operating room tables, mixing valves, water softeners, grease pits and special equipment.
- Determine routing of pipe and location of plumbing fixtures, accessories, and equipment by following and adhering to trade practice specifications, blueprints, sketches, and codes.
- Complete required documentation to include, but not limited to, work order forms, inventory/order forms, and preventive maintenance documents; use computer software as applicable to plumbing maintenance or construction activities.
- Follow a predetermined schedule of preventive maintenance on plumbing systems and equipment. Review related documents and evaluate compliance to standards and codes.
- Analyze systems or components and recommend proper corrective actions when needed. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid N.C. Driver's license and a driving history acceptable under the guidelines of the Safe Driving Policy.
Four years minimum experience in the plumbing trade in the installation and or repair and maintenance of plumbing systems and equipment OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.